Friday, September 6, 2013

Settling In

We've been in the Dulce parsonage for a week and a half now, and most of the boxes have been opened, emptied, and put away. We started in our daughter's bedroom, then the kitchen and bathrooms, then our bedroom, then the living and dining rooms.

A couple of days ago I finally started working on my glass studio. Even the basement was organized before I began to unpack glass and glass tools. This picture (left) shows the entrance to my new studio. It's on the main floor, just off of the living room. I love the location!

If you go in past the bookshelf on the right side of the picture above, you reach the actual glass work area. You can see by the picture on the right that I have a lot more work to do! I am making progress, though. You can also see from this photo that I have a window!!! I'm excited to have quite a bit of natural light in my glass studio now.





There are even built-in shelves on one wall of the studio. I think this space is going to work well! I can't wait to get started creating glass art again. I have missed it for quite a while, going back to my broken elbow and my too-cold space at our temporary home. I will begin posting designs available soon; I'm working on a new Thanksgiving design!

Thank you to each of you who has prayed for our move and our new ministry. I am looking forward to connecting with the community here in Dulce as we get settled, too.

Back to work! God bless each one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment