Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Be With Me

It is my habit to read my devotional and pray in the mornings. I usually walk prior to this, listening to Christian music, but otherwise, it's the first thing I do...

Well, except when I'm pulled into a game of Words with Friends...

Or when I check in with Facebook before I read and pray...

This morning was one of those mornings. I really wanted to relax, I thought. I would read and pray later, I decided... But that doesn't usually happen once the hubbub of the day begins. So, I chose to read my devotional and pray... kind of, anyway.

I caught myself rushing through the Bible reading, hurrying the meditation on God's Word. And my prayer, tossed up to heaven, was "God, be with me through this day." And God tossed back my way, "How can I be with you when you won't take the time to be with ME?"

...

The truth hit home. One of my favorite verses is Psalm 46:10, "Be still, and know that I am God." I've known I'm not so good at the be still part, but it's a practice I try to do at least sometimes. This morning, I set aside my iPhone, and stilled my mind... and felt God's presence. I prayed earnestly that God would continue to mold me into His image. He's definitely not finished with me yet!

God be with you this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment