Saturday, February 15, 2020

It's Been a Long Time

I looked up a previous blog post and realized it's been almost a year since I blogged. I have no excuse, except for being "busy." 

There is no doubt that this is true. I am a busy woman! I have three children at home (and I'm homeschooling!), thirty-three grandchildren to send birthday gifts to (and text with, as many are getting old enough to have phones), and a church children's ministry to keep on track. Not to mention a house to clean, dance and acrobatics lessons, choir rehearsals, and random other events to take kids to. Add my mom's 80th birthday party and my niece's wedding, both 1000+ miles away, and you get one busy mama.

However, that is not all I am. I am also a daughter of the One True King. I am a child of God. So today I am reflecting on the ways God has worked in my life in the past ten months.

1. God has taken away my fear. Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Isaiah 41:10a This is something God has been doing in my life for more than 50 years. I used to be very afraid of very many things, but the one thing that terrified me the most was making people angry. I've grown and grown in this area, and I am seriously without fear 
                                                                                 at this point. It's still  unnerving to disappoint or 
                                                                                 anger people, but I no longer fear that they will 
                                                                                 destroy me or themselves in their anger at me. 

2. God has given me strength.  But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31 This life is not for the timid! Being in my 50's and raising young children tests my strength and endurance frequently. I want to be the kind of mom that races up water slides with her teenager. I want to be the kind of mom that can handle having random extra kids around when her children want friends over. And God has given me strength for all that and more! I can't say that I don't grow weary, but I can always find enough energy to truly be there for them. 

3. God has grown my faith. And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28 Life isn't always easy; this past year hasn't always been easy. But it has been very good. I am learning to lean on God more and more in every thing that happens. I trust He has a plan for my life. He has called me to this place and to these tasks, and He has good reason for this. I trust that He will provide and He will use me for His purposes. May God continue to grow my faith!

It is my plan to be more intentional about blogging. I love to write, and it brings me joy to share with others. I rely upon God for inspiration, but I'm going to follow up when I have an idea! My God bless each of you...and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment