Sunday, January 10, 2016

Masks

These masks are a symbol of the theater, and I created them as a gift for our 9-yr-old's wonderful theater teacher. After I took this picture, I realized they are symbols for our lives, as well.

See, the smiling mask is "Comedy," and represents those times in our lives that are not simply comedic, but are happy and feel good. And the "Tragedy" mask represents those inevitable times of personal or corporate tragedy or darkness in our lives.



The most important thing these masks reminded me of is that through good times and bad times, God is with me. My husband and I recently had a conversation about the phrase "God is my Co-Pilot." He asked me what I thought of that statement. I looked at him for a moment, and then I said, "God is my Pilot, not my Co-Pilot. I'm not even in the cockpit!"

In good times, God is my Pilot.

In bad time, God is my Pilot.

I haven't been writing much lately. But this is worth writing: When God is your Pilot, all things work for your good.  ALL things, even those we'd rather avoid. Cling to this during those trials that inevitably come in our lives. And cling to this during the wonderful times that we'd love to have stay forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment