Monday, November 16, 2015

I am the Lord Your God

I am reading the Bible chronologically this year. It's a reading plan on my phone, and I am 14% done. That means I'm reading Leviticus.

Yep. Leviticus.

We have a "Sing Through the Bible" DVD that we play sometimes for AWANA. The song about Leviticus has a refrain that goes, "Rules. We've got rules."

Yep. Leviticus.

It's been hard to get excited about doing my Bible reading through Leviticus. (This is also true for me in Chronicles, where Brad and I are in our continuous reading through the Bible.) After all, it's...

Leviticus.

Skin diseases. Clean and unclean animals. Sacrifices.

Leviticus.

Then today, I begin my three or four chapters with Leviticus 19. Verses 1-2 say, "The Lord said to Moses, 'Speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them: 'Be holy because I, the Lord your God, am Holy.''"

16 TIMES in Leviticus 19 alone, God says, "I am the Lord your God." or something remarkably similar. 4 more times in Leviticus 20, and at least four more times in Leviticus 21.

I am the Lord your God. Now that has relevance to me. To today. To our lives right now.

I can't let my mind wander during that.  God Almighty is my Lord, my God. He claimed his people, Israel, and He claims me.

Wow.

Leviticus!

No comments:

Post a Comment