Thursday, June 6, 2013

Long Way Home

We are in His hands, no matter what. I believe that. I know that God loves us, and that He is with us through the steepest mountains and deepest valleys. But my heart still breaks when I learn that my friend who is fighting cancer is facing rotten odds. I want to scream at God: Her five kids need her!

The song, "Long Way Home," by Steven Curtis Chapman reminds me that God is with us. If you don't know the song, take a moment to listen to it! And believe me, Steven Curtis Chapman knows steep mountains and deep valleys. His five year old daughter was accidentally killed by a vehicle....driven by his teenage son. Talk about pain!

In Romans 8:14-15, we hear, "For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, 'Abba, Father.'" (TNIV)

We who know Christ are the children of God. We can turn to Him in all things. All things. In our failures. In our miseries. In our joys. In our waiting for a church call. In our cancer. In our blessings. In our anguish so deep we know no words.

So now I turn to You, oh Lord! I cry out to you: Father! Be so-very-present to us in this day, whatever it brings, that we can lean into You in all things. Strengthen us for this day's trials and forgive us for this day's failings. Continue to work in us for Your glory.

Amen.
And Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment