Wednesday, June 13, 2012

THIS Day

When I hear the words "this day" I usually think of Psalms 118:24, which I must have memorized from the Revised Standard Version of the Bible: "This is the day which the Lord hath made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." This verse has helped me through many a troubling day and has focused my joy on many a happy day.

I found another way to think of "this day" this morning. I was walking, listening to Christian music on my iPod, when a song by Matt Redman came on. "Fearfully and Wonderfully Made" has this line: "What am I going to do with these days You've ordained?"

Whoa. That's a paradigm shift for me! God ordained THIS day for me to be here on Earth. This struck me as beyond being glad and rejoicing that God gave me a day to live. This thought is that God has something for me to do today... beyond enjoying the weather and my activities, beyond changing the lightbulb and making lunch for my 5-year-old... It's amazing!

Of course, this begs the question, "What IS it I am supposed to do today?" I don't know yet! But you can believe I will spend my day looking for whatever it is... and THAT will change my day in unforeseen ways, all by itself. So, I'm off to start my day, searching for God's will! Have a great day looking for what God has planned for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment