Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A Ring, A Knock, A Cry

We never know when the phone will ring with tragic news, an invitation, or a desperate need. If you have ever lived in a parsonage, you know what I'm talking about.

There are days when I am unequal to the task of welcoming such phone calls, or at least their callers. Thankfully, I don't have to meet the needs; God does that. He strengthens us to overflowing with what is needed.

Here in Dulce, it is just as often a knock at the door that alerts us to a need. Sometimes, I am able to help the person with scheduling a party in the church's gym, providing some food and drink, or just an arm around and a prayer. Many times, the need is for the pastor, my husband, and I am thankful that God provides him with the patience, strength, and grace to meet these needs.

We are blessed, here "in the trenches" of God's work. Thank you to each of you who pray for the ministry here in the Jicarilla Apache Nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment