Sunday, January 12, 2014

Beauty-Full

On my walk this morning, this beautiful sunrise began just as I left the house. I thought it was incredible! As I walked, I watched as the sun crept upward...

The pictures don't do justice to the beauty of the sky; it just kept getting more amazing! The rays of the sun were visible against the cloud cover; the colors ranged from pink to bright yellow-orange. It was breathtaking.
The thing that amazed me the most was the way I thought the sky was the most beautiful it could ever be, and then it became even more beautiful! I wish my iPhone camera could have captured the increasing glory of this sunrise...

And I am struck by the thought that my knowledge and experience of God is the same way: Every time I think I've reached the pinnacle of closeness to God, He reveals an even greater glory to me. And every time I have a period where God's love and grace are shrouded by the clouds of busy-ness, distractedness, or foolishness, He reveals to me His glory behind the clouds. He reaches out for me, calling me to restoration of relationship with Him.

When I am close to Him, I reflect His love and grace to those around me, like the western ridges reflect this morning's sunrise. I pray that God will continue to work in me (He promises he will in Philippians 1:6!) so that I may do His work here on earth.

And may we all stop and experience the glory of God which surrounds us always.

No comments:

Post a Comment